Her name is Christina Wing-An Chung. If my memory serves me right, her boyfriend was named James. If they're still together right now, I bet they would be getting close to marriage. I wonder where she is...

Christina went to Simon Fraser with me in 2000/2001. We took this Calculus for social science course together. I think we met through the course forum before meeting up to study together. What's cool about her is that she was very active in sports. Christina played field hockey when she was in high school. She was also on the basketball team. She told me she once scored 30 points in a game. She recalled, "Whatever I tossed up went in, even the ugly ones." One of my fondest memories of SFU was playing basketball with her against other players. Our teammate bounced the ball to her while she wasn't looking and it hit her (slowly) on the tummy. She got the wind knocked out of her and I laughed until I cried.
She had these nice Oakley's sunglasses and a Sony WEGA TV at home. I've never been to her place, but her computer must've been on the opposite of the TV. Whenever she watched TV she would stop responding on ICQ. Christina called herself Ballerina on ICQ back in the days when ICQ reigned the instant messaging world. We lost touch after that year...
Christina was studying physiology at the time. Right now she'd be a full-fledged physiotherapist. She did her practicum at Metrotown Physio, the clinic I visited, only a few years too late. She is always on ICQ, for reasons I don't know, but I suspect that she doesn't use it anymore and it was hijacked a long time ago.
I miss her. Perhaps it's even more so that I miss my past. I miss the point in my life where I could've turned my life around for the better.
I wonder where she is now...

No comments:
Post a Comment