Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lazy Day

Mood: Lazy, but rested
Weather: COOL

I was supposed to go to the Canadian embassy with a friend to sort out her VISA application problem with her. Honestly, I am not really sure if there is anything I can do other than just being there for here. Canadians have always been considered laid-back and LAZY. That's right I said it. Canadians are lazy. I have worked for a semi-government organization and witness how lazy people can get when the job security is so high. This I gotta give credits to the Japanese. I have been to the Japanese immigration office to get my re-entry permit. Although the wait was long, the civil servants were polite and helpful.

Lucky for my friend, yesterday night she received a call from a friend of her friend who happens to work in the VISA section of the Canadian embassy. This friend was able to walk the missing faxes to the officer to speed up the process. It has already been an unreasonably long 1+ month since she applied.

On one hand its unfortunate that her schedule was delayed, but it's also good to know that finally we know her VISA application is going somewhere. Since that was taken care of for now, I didn't have to go to the embassy this morning. But still I didn't go to school. Probably because I feel lazy or probably it's because I really don't want to go.

The weather wasn't so bad in the morning. I might have even said it was cool. But I didn't want to stay in the lab where there is so much distraction. There are quite a few obnoxious personalities in the lab, both good-intended and ill-intended. It was a bit of a struggle for me not to feed the cats today when I didnt go, but I trust Sasaki-kun and Fujita-kun will take care of that. The worst case would've been that they over-fed the cat. They are all so fat I guess it wouldn't matter so much anyway.

There was a big thunder storm (dunno what exactly they are called, because I dont really see those in Canada) There was a whole crap load of thunders and lightning (even silent ones) and the whole sky came down on me. I had to scrambled to shut the hallway windows, or they'd get mighty wet in a few minutes. This brings me back to the days when I was in Taiwan. Rain has always had a soothing effect to my mind. The sound of the raindrops drowns out the ever-distracting chattering of my mind. I actually would sleep very well it if continued to rain.

Right now, the rain has stopped and there is a cool summer breeze coming through my window. I have to say myself again. There are three things most enjoyable to me, a glass of clean hot water, a nice hot shower, and a good night sleep. I really hope everyday is as cool as it is now.

No comments: