After so many weeks of tension and stress, I think my body was finally had the chance to rest. I never felt weak during these weeks, I was going as strong as ever. I felt extremely relieved after my presentation and didn't even felt the slightest sign of weakening.
I continued to push the Chinese student to finish fixing his presentation slides. He has been dodging me for the past 2 weeks. I waited until 7pm, realizing he wouldn't have started making his powerpoint slides until later that night, the ni might before his presentation. So I asked him to email whatever he had completed by 12 midnight so I could make sure he was on the right track. I came back home to wait for the email. To my surprised, I caught Yurie online and had some short chat with her. My room was in a mess that really needed a good cleaning. At 12am, there was no reply. I once again woke up at 2am to see if he sent the email late. Nothing.
It was our deal for me to do a final revision of his slides at 8am, 4 hours before his final presentation. On my way to school I bumped into him. He was on his way back to his apartment to catch some sleep. He said he was too tired and needed to catch some sleep and he had posted his powerpoint on my door for me to check. On one hand I was relieved that he worked really hard to change the slides, at one hand upset because there'll be no time for a final check if he went back to sleep.
I was stunned when I saw the powerpoints. It was a measly 2 additional slide to the old file and he spent more than 2 weeks to do. There was no way to help him. On the first page of his powerpoint he wrote, please call me to wake me up if I don't arrive at 1030am. at 10:29am, I had already finished editing whatever I could with his powerpoint, noting that he was plagerizing my powerpoint slide that I had presented the day before, word-by-word. Also I changed some slides for him. Honestly, it wasn't so much different from the one he used 2 weeks ago. He didn't not come..
I called him and he said he was just on the way out. It takes 10 minutes at most to get to school from that apartment complex. He didn't arrivve until 11:10pm, 40 minutes before the presentation. I calmly told him the most important mistakes he should correct without getting angry at him. The most unbearable time would have been to sit through his presentation, watching him struggle with pronouncing the sentences he had written on his slides. After that I spent 1 hour making him undertand the seriousness of these matters. I grew frustrated when he tried to keep introducing unrelated topics whenever he thought of one
Finally I sat down at my desk at 4pm, suddenly I felt my life being drained from my body. I put my head on the back of the chair leaning sideway on the seat. I felt like the bolts on the machinery was finally losened up after all these stress and the every single part of my body was coming apart. I went home and dropped dead on my bed, didn't wake up until 9pm. This is the 2nd time that has happened to me. I think I needed a break.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ur life...is really intense ne!
Post a Comment