Sunday, February 08, 2009

Here We Go Again

After struggling for weeks with self-doubts, memories of the past, severe mood swings and suspected depression from my parents, I have heard the voice of God through his servant and He had given the answer that I had asked for.

In the past few weeks, I have been talking to many people whom have offered me great advice on why and why I shouldn't pursue this path. They made me understand the mentality I need to have if I am to go down this road. For that I am thankful and I understood that there would be no room for hesitation. My parents have directed me to these versus that have carried them through their hardships:

"Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.' "

Isiah 30:20-21

On my way to church I kept reading these two versus, praying that this sign would be revealed to me soon. During the Sunday worship I was one of the first one to get in and sat in the 2nd row. At the start I shook hands with the people around me, one of them was the speaker, thinking that he was just one of Talo's friends. The speaker, James Cheng spoke about living to our fullest potential so we may bless the others and challenged us to "upgrade our education" in one of his specific points, that we Christians are to be the head. The message could not have been clearer to me. In the end I stood up and submitted myself during his calling and offered to be a vessel of God's blessing.

I will pursuit PhD and no longer second-guess this decision. Pray for me my friends, as I tread on the path less traveled. My journey will continue.

No comments: