Thursday, March 16, 2006

Out with the Old



Today my cleats started to feel a bit weird, leaning inward when I run. Upon close inspection I realize the molded cleat had been completely ripped off the out-sole. I don't know how it happened.

I got this pair from Sports Check in Station Square last year for my first softball tournament in the Taiwan Cup. Literally I spent a good 2 hours in the store and tried on every single pair of cleats in the store. Eventually I decided to go for the $89.99 dollar pair for more stability and quality. I feared that my weak right ankle will not be able to withstand another beating. BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY SIZE!!

The store sales was more disappointed than I was, but as I walked out the door, I saw all these final sales shoes. There was this pair of cleats. I said to my self, "Naah.. couldn't be.." It was a perfect fit, the store sales saw it and he was made happy instantly, not from the profit, but his pride that his store has sometihng to offer.

Now I can't really donate these shoes out because the missing cleats. My good left ankle was beginning to hurt after an extended period of playtime. I wouldn't want any kids to suffer permanent injuries because of the shoes. So they'll stay in the shoe closet for the rest of their natural life and eventually into the garbage can. (or straight into the garbage can)

No comments: