Thursday, April 13, 2006

How Do You Pronounce PAIN?




I admit it. I can't pronounce "pain" properly, just like main, plane, mane, jane, or shame. After some seriously flashbacks..I believe I have finally found the cause (aside from my first language and my heredity that is) This was excerpt is from one of my favorite books when I was still in junior high school, I can't count how many times I've read it. I guess it has more effects on me than I ever could have imagined.

It is likely that I'll never be able to pronounce it properly ever again in my life. Although I was exposed to English as early as grade 6, now I sure would love to have the benefits of adapting it as a mother tongue. Boy was I stupid for not wanting to go to the English tutor school. I remember that summer I wept because my last summer as a care-free child was occupied by the English school. My mom of course didn't budge. It turned out to be quite an advantage when I came to Canada.

Things don't always appear to be pleasant. But If we can bear with whatever negatives we face with a positive attitude, we will find the purpose behind and learn from them.

I wish I can say "Main Reception" without it sounding like "Man Reception"!!!

No comments: