I dream often, and I get a lot of my inspirations from my dreams, sometimes answers too, although most of the times the answers I get don't seem logical at all. This dream, however, made sense to me and left me awake with thoughts going around in my head.
I am a perfectionist sushi chef. It was in a competition where I competed with other chefs in a 3-round tournament. In the final round, I called Denny Devito and told him, "This is not the life I want, send me back to 1999 when I just started working for Brian." When I opened my eyes it was 1995, the year that I left Taiwan for Canada, not 1999.
I was in my own room, it was an extension from our existing building on the roof-top. My view was as muddy as my memory, but my two-bed was there, my two desks and it was small, just like I remembered. I felt a surge of sadness striking my heart. "It's been that long?" I saw the computer on my desk, "Oh yeah, that's the old computer that my aunt used to have." Yet it looked like an extremely small laptop, which was non-existent at the time.
The next thing I remembered was that I was in my elementary classroom. My elementary school is just 20 steps from my house. While sitting in my elementary classroom, my junior highschool classmates were there. I didn't know what I was doing at all, but I saw all these university work piled on my desk, waiting to be read.
I woke up, and saw my current room, it's dark at night, approximately 2am in the morning, and dozed right back into the dream. "I guess it can't be true that I'm actually sent back to the past.", I thought. Staying in 1995 made me feel happy, because I didn't have to deal with the problems right now and everything just seems so easy for a 25-years-old adult's point of view.
It didn't make sense to me, but while I was 1/2 asleep, my mind started to analyze the dream I had just had. In 1999 I was in SFU studying computer science, also the year when I started working for my aunt. In 2006 I also worked for my aunt where ultimately our boss was Brian Bains, the builder. 1999 was also the first year of univerisity. Still today I feel that I've wasted a lot of time during university, graduated 2 years later than my classmates. I am 25 and still only with a B.Sc while my junior high classmates are all masters and even doing PhD right now. I can't turn back time, so my mind resorted to this dream. I don't remember much about my elementary school classmates anymore, I guess that's why my junior highschool classmates were there, but it was really university I felt bad about, and therefore the univeristy work.
When I woke up, I had one thought on my mind, "It's time to move forward, and never look back." But I know, I'll dream about my past again and again in the future. Hopefully, I won't feel those were the years wasted anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment