Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Second Winter

That's what it feels like---a second winter at the end of February. I thought I was mistaken for feeling colder day after day so I took photos of the first thing I see when I walk out my front door. It just seems to get worse everyday.




February 26, slight frosting on the car that melts on contact with the sunlight.




February 27, I think that is snow, but it might be serious frosting all over the car and the lawn..



February 28, the layer looks rather fluffy, it looks to be some kind of high quality powder snow you'd see on the mountain top.



On the hindsight, the air does seem cleaner and the sky clearer. I could see all the way north up the mountains. The snow delicately outlines the contours of the slopes. Why does it feel so much like the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow?"

No comments: