I am not joking. It actually snowed on February 26th, 2007. I was on the 3rd floor retrieving some documents for my department. One of the ladies walked by and directed our attention towards the back parking lot. It was snowing!! I stood by the window in disbelief. One of my coworkers that was smoking by the gazebo saw me and she gave me a shrug as if I was saying, "SNOW!?" This phenomenon is definitely unprecedented! We're almost into the heart of spring and yet the temperature still hovers around 5 Celsius.

Every time I tell my coworkers and friends that the extreme weather is because of global warming, they just smile at me. The security guard bluntly laughed at me saying it's nonsense. (which he does a lot) The weather pattern will become increasingly dramatic as more and more volume of the ice caps melt into the ocean.
The general public is really ignorant about how our environment is changing because our intervention. We were the ones that put a hole in the ozone and we were the ones that helped repair it. For whatever abuse we lay down on this land, the earth will counter-act. One day when it does happen, we will be the ones to take the hit.

No comments:
Post a Comment