Saturday, April 21, 2007

Darcy's Ball


Darcy Bal, one of the new customer service representative in our department had invited me to celebrate his birthday. Many showed and much to my surprised, I showed. Generally I don't like to attend birthday functions (or any social functions), especially the ones for Canadians. There's bound to be some forms of drinking or daring games going on.


Darcy is a very soft-spoken gentleman. I don't believe I've ever seen him agitated. He's made quite a few friends since he got on board. Of course the main attraction was that I have been reading comic books on Sushi-making in the past week. After 30 or so volumes, I developed this incredible craving for raw fish on rice. When Darcy sent an sushi night invitation to me, I just couldn't resist. Why not get to know your coworker and enjoy the art of Japanese food on a relaxing Friday night?


It was rescheduled to take place at Cactus club. Of course now I can't back out then, then Darcy will think Sushi is more important than him in my eyes. It was an expensive place for me, considering the financial hardship I will be in if I am to go to school. Then there was this voice in my head saying, "You are getting a big fat tax refund. Why not enjoy yourself a bit more?" After much struggling, I ordered a 22 dollar steak. Good thing I don't drink at all. At these party the Singh brothers will gulp down at least 3-4 jugs of beer, not including the crazy shots they do. I'm relieved Darcy didn't have to suck shots off someone's lap.


I feel tired. I'm not built for this. And I still want to eat Sushi. Darcy is a good guy.

No comments: