Saturday, September 15, 2007

Good Bye PBC



Today is my last day working in Pacific Blue Cross. It's a bit scary to think that my flight is only 10 days away. Reflecting back, my mediocre clerical job was unsatisfying at best. It is nice to have people depending on you on a daily basis, but I just wish that I could have done more for them, for the company and for my own life. I had thought that I would be in this company forever. I was unambitious and laid back. I wanted to start my family, raise some good kids while working at an easy desk job. This was exactly what I asked for. I had plenty of time to kill thanks to the short working hours. Yet, none of that happened.


I still remember when I first came to this company on the recommendation of a friend who was already working there. Ironically, I failed my HR testing at the 3rd stage. That would've been the end of the road for me in PBC. Soon after, Susan from HR called me to offer me a 5 day job at the Provider Relations as a file clerk. My employment in PBC has continued without a gap on since then. I really don't know where I would be right now if it weren't for her. It was also during my paid vacation to Japan that I decided to go for a school in Japan.


I've met a lot of wonderful people in the course of 1 year and 9 months, many of which I will sorely miss. It is so difficult to say goodbye, more so than I could have ever imagined.......


Good bye Pacific Blue Cross, the largest private extended health insurance company of British Columbia, Canada. I have given you 2 of my best years.

No comments: