Friday, September 28, 2007

Things In Japan




I've been spending the past few days stocking up on my inventories for my dorm. There were quite a few things to buy, like laundry basket, utensils, frying pan & pot, and shampoo.


Note to self: Never wash you hair with body soap ever again.


The weather is extremely hot for me. It was not so much of the sun, but rather the humidity of the air. I sweat so easily during the day, ended up having to walk around with soaked T-shirt wherever I go.


Everybody has been extremely helpful to me. My dorm tutor Darren is one of the nicest guy I have ever met in my life. My lab classmates Mari is helping me with an extraordinary amount of paperwork. My lab neighbor Ohkai-kun helped me drag one of my 32 kg luggages all the way from Aobadai station to my dorm. Needless to say, it was probably the most intense workout he'd had for months.


Professor Waki is very friendly, she encourages me to learn as much as I can while I am here, and try not to rush to the mission of improving the efficiency of the solar cells. It will be an eventual goal, but I need the fundamentals first.


I've come down with a flu from yesterday's long trek back and forth the grocery store & dollar store. I've spent so far $120 cad on essential things. Hopefully my expense will come down as I am more and more settled down. The flu seems to be particularly bad, probably the worst in 4 years. Hopefully I will recover before my big week on Monday.


It is not easy living by myself, the time spent on doing chores is enormous. If I have a busy lab life, I probably will switch to eating out more often. I guess it'll take experience and skills to save money while having a balanced meals.

No comments: