Friday, October 26, 2007

Frustration



I am extremely frustrated at this guy. I usually don't name anyone or point any fingers, but seriously I have never met anyone SO RUDE and OBLIVIOUS to everything that surrounds him. It's THIS GUY.

Yesterday I was aiming to finish memorizing the Hiragana and Katakana table. I noticed that this mainland Chinese research student started to reboot his computer one time after another. Then he turned his face to me and asked if my internet is fine. From time to time I would see him surf some celebrity websites or news sites. He said nothing after that, but soon he got up and pulled Yazu-san from his desk to look at his computer. I know quite well that Yazu-san doesn't know how to fix his computer problem so I took a look at it. After 1 minutes I know he had to reinstall his windows. His internet component has been damaged somewhat and by the looks of it, he's got a good army of virus running in his memory at the time. I told him so. Just for the sake of argument, I showed him a few ways how a minor problem is usually repaired, after 30 minutes I stopped because it was getting no where.



This morning, I started cleaning his computer because I felt kinda sorry for him for getting that old computer and a small desk to work with. I got about 1/2 way before I had to meet up with Mari and Ohgai-san for our dye-sensitized solar cell discussion. We are the only 3 grad students in the school doing DSSC. Mari, being the 2nd year and graduating in April, has the most experience. She was hosting the meeting to assist us in deciding our research topic. At around 3pm Ohgai-san has to go to his class, but Mari and I continued the meeting in the room next to our lab. Then this guy finished his class and came back to lab, he didn't see me or Mari or Ohgai-san in the lab because we were about doing our business. He found us in the meeting room, then he invited himself into the room in the middle of our discussion and actually SAT DOWN and started to look at the screen of Mari's laptop.



I was speechless for a few seconds. I spoke to him in Chinese, because I didn't want Mari to feel my frustration. "We are discussing my research direction right now." He didn't move at all, he's just that thick, and still checking things out on Mari's laptop. This time my voice was stronger, "Go back to you desk and clean it, I was 1/2 way in cleaning." He said, "Oh thank you for rearranging my desk." He still didn't move. Then I said again, "Go back to you desk, finish re-arranging it, then I will tell you how to fix your computer." He finally gets it and left.



After my discussion was over, we went back to the lab and I found that he's bugging other labmates about his internet connection, and his desk was completely untouched. I was frustrated, but I moved to finish cleaning his desk. I broke it down to him again. First, his internet connection is fine, but his windows internet component is broken. The only way he can repair it now is to reinstall. He refused, he wanted to fix it. The problem was, he doesn't know how, so he bugged a few more people from the lab, only that none of them had any idea what was going on. I washed my hands of it, if he doesn't want my help, that's fine, just don't bug me anymore.



At the end of the day, he told everybody again his speculation that the school has stopped his internet because he went to some bad sites and that's why he can't get on the internet. I was visibly upset that he chose to ignore what I told him over and over again. I said "No, no, no, no. You're internet is perfectly fine." and it's true, he even plugged the cable to Mari's computer and it worked just fine.



This guy ruined my day, I couldn't concentrate at all with him bugging everybody. Now that I wish he won't get into our lab by April.

No comments: