Sunday, October 21, 2007

People, People, People




It's easy not to have anything to do with anybody. That said, I live in the dorm, where I am subjected to the consequence of the other people's actions. There are people who disobey the rules of garbage classification, people who don't clean the stoves after frying. People who always leave their utensils out by the sink and those who always drips while peeing.



What is wrong with these people? They value their insignificant convenience over the significant inconvenience of the others. That's whats wrong with the world. People aren't being considerate of the other people.



I am constantly reminding myself that I am a guest in this country. Obviously they don't look at it that way, or really they don't care what others think of their country. Moving out after 1 year won't be so bad after all. My dormitory room is more of a sleeping hole than home. I'll only come back here to sleep and occasionally eat. Moreover, I think we are all guests on this planet. We are to leave as little a footprint as possible and leave the best for the next generations, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!
But I'd also encourage you to try make the best out of this whole experience.

Welcome to Japan!

Sheri