The professor totally snapped today. Matsubara-san has been pretty disrespectful to her lately. He doesn't even bother to stop his work and look at the professor when she is speaking to him.
From what I can understand (which is very limited) he always goes like, "ok ok, yes." but sounds more like agreeing to get her off his back. I'd like to think this kind of attitude is extremely rare for Japanese, but this student is not out of the ordinary either. He was the one with suspected mental problems. Even after the last "missing" incident, he showed no sign of remorse. Even though his dad begged the professor for forgiveness.
When the professor snapped, she grabbed what she could and smashed them on Matsubara's desk. In this case it was 2 cans of chewing gums and one other unknown to me. One of the cans bounce off his desk and knocked my speaker off my desk, but I didn't notice it until much later. At the time everybody froze and kept our eyes fixed on our monitor. Nobody dared to say a word when she started the rampage.
Although I understand the cause of her outburst, this incident really left a deep impression in me. I don't think I will ever look at her the same way anymore.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment