Money-wise, I don't think I will save much on transportation. The monthly pass is only 2340 yen. I've opted not to buy the pass, but to buy individual tickets when the road condition forbids me to ride. That gives me about 8 trips maximum if I am to break even with the monthly pass. The weather these days are highly unusual. It must be the doing of global warming. My classmates told me that it almost never snowed in Yokohama, but so far we've had 3 days of heavy snow days. One of which snow actually stayed on the street forcing me to get off my bike and walk.

Here are some thoughts on my bike. I like the yellow color I picked. Being flamboyant is not my nature, but having a bright color really makes it easy to find my bike. I believe it also discourage bike thieves from stealing this cheap bike. Now that I wish the tires are a bit thicker for those bumpy roads. Perhaps it's because I ride a bit too fast going on and off sidewalks. I absolutely love the giant basket I upgraded to. The original basket was next to being useless. Although the bike proportion does look a bit funny now.
I don't know much about bikes, but I will try to clean and tune my bike once a month. Biking is fun. I've done it for a big part of my life, just that I never appreciated how fun it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment