After careful planning and a lot of thinking, about a month ago I decided to do the move to the new apartment by myself without hiring a semi-truck or enlisting friends. So since the beginning of this month, I have been packing things into small to medium size boxes and moving them to the lab one box at a time. I figure if I were to make as many as 20 trips to school a month, it'd be more efficient if I can carry just a bit extra weight each time.
When I was in Canada I hurt my back while doing a move by ourselves, I can still sometimes feel the strain of the back muscles before I sleep. Good thing there's not much damage. So this time, I am taking extra precaution. I came to Japan with 2 luggages and 1 backpack. I had always pride myself in living on the bare minimum. But when I actually started to pack, I realize I have as much as 4 luggage of item this time! If I am to move again by September next year, I had better reduced my possessions back to 2 luggage or less.
Of course, moving by the train and on foot isn't always a normal thing to do and it certainly attracted a lot of attention. I think my most embarrassing moment would be when I had my rice cooker in one hand, and my pillow in the other, walking down the street. Other than that, when you have a big box in your hand riding the densha, you ask for attention. People would probably fear that you might leave it there and it turned out to be a bomb or something. So I always cling to my box to avoid their suspicion.
Aside from that, the cleaning will be equally exhausting. This time I have a goal, I am going to return this room back to the manager BETTER. Seriously I have been very disappointed with the living habits of the foreigners here in Japan. I beg to differ. So here I stand, 42 hours before my flight. I have maybe 2 more trip to the school and 1 day of cleaning ahead of me. Fun.. fun.. fun..
Monday, September 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment