Didn't go to school today, because I feel a bit burnt out from all the counseling sessions I need to give to the older and younger students while dealing with the school administration. On top of that, I have to take the responsibilities of a teacher to edit the phD student's paper. I didn't want to go because my time would go towards all those things. I needed time to myself. I am tired.
I just needed some time from human contact today. No more enthusiastic conversation about chairman Mao from my roommate. No more invitation to drink to his worries from the older students. No more paper-editing when my own research is stagnant. Today I am alone.
Wouldn't have been easier if I never cared? By God's grace I am incapable of being indifferent. Incapable.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment