Saturday, November 15, 2008

Immature?

I explained my situation to a friend that I don't know too well. After reading my story, she said to me that she thought my situation is really not a problem and my lab members and teacher are immature. The student did nothing wrong and it's all the teacher's fault.

I got a bit upset because I care about these people a great deal. For someone who read the story and to say this to me, to someone who is right in the smack of things is really inconsiderate. I really don't know what to think of her as first, but what I have learned from today is that I should think THRICE before I speak or I may end up offending people on the fly.

I care for my lab members and my professor as a friend so much that I am willing to carry the burden, but at the same time, I give them the choice to stand up for themselves, because this is an incident they have to look back at and live with the decision they made for the rest of their lives.

Sometimes I wonder if some people will really think my situation is "not a problem" and that we are just too "immature" and "stupid" to deal with this properly. One kind of rice can be eaten by all kinds of people. We are just so different.

No comments: