Yesterday Waki-sensei spent a few hours to talk to Matsubara about the separation of the student rooms. Matsubara rejected. For 3 hours he argued with Waki-sensei demanding that she show evidence of anything he did wrong that lead to the decision of seperation. Waki-sensei was driven to the extreme. She was physically tired and mentally exhausted. She had tried all day to fullfill her promise of taking up the responsibility as a teacher. The meeting destroyed any faith she had in Matsubara. She was defeated.
This morning Waki-sensei arrived in the school at around 930am. Her husband was with her. As it was described to me, the husband has asked Waki-sensei to quit this job completely, because she is still their boy's mother and that he could not see her enduring this daily. At 1000am, the meeting was held to hand out the final plans of the quarantine. Matsubara did not attend. Waki-sensei told us, in the morning, as soon as she opened the lab. He brought in a big plastic container and start to collect all his samples he had in the lab. Matsubara said that he cannot trust anybody with his samples anymore and he doesn't want anyone near them. Little did he know, all these samples, plus the container of the samples were carcinogen and property of Tokyo Tech. Waki-sensei could not stop him. She looked defeated and distraught. 20 minutes into the meeting she rushed out. She had asked me to give up if I want to, that I dont have to be nice to him and he is beyond saving. I was firmed about saving him. The way I looked at it was, either he comes in and sit with me and we talk eventually or he gives up ad never show up again. Waki-sensei said that he is so deadly afraid of me and refuses to be roomed with me because what I am capable of doing. I laughed heartily. (not out of evil)
The students are confused. One hour she asked the students to fight, the next she wanted to give up, then she got angry with the student not collborating with her and now she said its hopeless, wanting to quit. However I pushed forward for the move because either way we will have to move eventually and this will give the students something to do.
Urano-san emailed me, "What does God advice me and Waki-sensei do?" I didn't know what to answer, "If you ask God, He will answer you." I believe this is my sign to bring him before God and show him the source of my strength.
At 6pm, the Indonesian student sent us a warning message that he spotted Matsubara at the gate and later on Gotoh-kun saw him on the ground floor. Me and Yazu-kun went for a patrol in the experiment room and the vacinities, but he seemed to have disappeared without trace. Ohgai-san didn't want to stay in the old room anymore and he found shelter in the new 512 room. After setting up the network cables for 512 room I moved back to 413 and enjoyed some quiet before I came home.
If he doess come tomorrow, I will welcome him with open arms, but he is so deadly afraid of me, which is really beyond my comprehension. They all think a foreigner like me has magical power. This Sunday, I will try to bring Urano-san to church and perhaps achieve the real purpose why I am in Japan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment