These days I feel more and more isolated living in the secular world. I feel that there are fewer and fewer of my kind. Other than the political rants that I didn't really care about but listened to, my roommate constantly talks about treating women as objects for lusts. That these women "willingly" sell their bodies to men. That how he could buy this "service" for 500 yen in China easily. That how he envies this Caucasian Canadian gets laid 3 times a week in Shibuya because he is a foreigner. He thinks this is glorious, for a man.
Yet he longs for someone in his life and he would not take a "2nd hand" girl. Men like this justified the behavior by saying that they do enough to provide food and shelter for the women, so that cheating doesn't really matter because the women "acknowledges" and "accepts" it. Rage boiled in me, but I did my best to contain it. I remember my pastor from ECBC used to say to us that he wanted to put a fist to their face. I really really do, too.
I am not without desires and lusts, but I have made a promise to God that I will stay true to Him and prepare myself for my true love. I pray that God keep my heart, more than anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment