The plan for Kyoto University is not going well at all. At the current pace, there would be no way that I can pass my JLPT 3 in December, not to mention the entrance test for Kyoto University in the coming year.
Waki-sensei approached me a while ago during one of our meetings. She speak to me as if I am her equal and I was never afraid to offer advice (in a very gentle way). She told me that Kyoto University might not be as good as Tokyo University and she hoped that I can give Tokyo Unversity a try. After that, I fired off a few more emails to a famous professor in Tokyo University. All emails fell to deaf's ears. I was about to send another email to his secretary, but then..today, I found another lab that does my research. So I sent out another email.
The plan remains the same, I am waiting, waiting for a school, waiting for her, waiting for God. In the mean time, I would have to make myself better because God won't grant me things I cannot handle. With that in mind, what I have now is what I can handle with the grace of God. During the recent soul-searching, I saw my flaw of being incapable of having a close friendship with the same sex because of my extreme bias against men. Yesterday, by chance I started to talk to a male friend from Vancouver, I was surprised that I was able to share and discuss issues that I would never discuss with no men in the past. Alex, my old fellowship teacher is also coming to Japan for a visit. I pray that God will use him to guide him as He had so many times in the past.
Project Separation is to commence today as we have just received an email from the department head. The quarantine will happen most likely this week. Waki-sensei has called to tell us that she won't be available for this meeting. Yesterday I had volunteered to be roomed with him. I am still uneasy to be around him. (or more annoyed) However, I believe the God in me will be the anti-dote in this quarantine.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment