Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Lab Resumes, I do not.

A meeting took place over the weekend between the ex-department head and Matsubara. The ex-department head Hotta-sensei has ordered Matsubara to be evaluated with the school psychiatrist every week, otherwise he cannot do any experiments. He passed all the evaluations. Many more rules were imposed on the lab in the following safety meeting and experiments can officially resume. But I will not. This week I have my Japanese proficiency test. Since I won't have enough data anyway for the presentation next week. I have already asked to be excused.

On the other hand, I was called into a meeting just yesterday. A student from the other lab has asked Waki-sensei for help in constructing a dye-sensitized solar cell. In this campus, there are only 2 people who have constructed a full cell from top to bottom. That's me and Waki-sensei and she did it maybe over 10 years ago. I am not fully confident in my technique, but we can only make do with what I know. So right after my JLPT test I will have to assist this M2 student in constructing a dye-sensitized solar cell so he can evaluated the dye he has fabricated.

I brought fruits to the student room again and Matsubara took an orange from me when I asked if he wanted some. Ohgai-san took a banana. I also gave out a lot of coffee coupons from McDonald that I got from fellowship on Saturday. I know Matsubara still does not trust me. He was asking some question about my computer. I am not sure why he is concerned about my computer being on or off. I told him I use my own laptop hooked up to a monitor. I suppose he still thinks that I am recording video on him.

Eventually I will invite him to church, I know this. I pray that he can be changed.

No comments: