Rio the guitarist was about to start the praise and worship so he handed the song over to James, who happened to be sitting by the door, just in case if anyone was lost and calling for directions. The phone rang, but James had no idea how to answer the iPhone. So instead, James handed the phone to me. We started the fellowship with prayer and I guess I was a bit hung up on fact that Yurie was not here. I prayed to God to put the focus of my heart back unto him and I said in my heart, "I accept that she is not here. I accept"
The phone rang. I grabbed it and went outside the apartment to pick it up.
"Hello", I said.
"Hi! This is Yurie! I want to join the fellowship, but I am lost."
"This is Kenneth! I am answering Rio's phone right now. Where are you?"
"I am at AM/PM"
"Go to the tallest building in the block"
She was lost and was in a panicky mode , murmuring to herself "could it be here?"
"On the first floor, what is there?" She said in Japanese
"There are some shops."
"I found it!"
"The entrance is on the right side, ring 1606, that's 1606"
She rang the bell and came up. I popped out and met her half way in the hallway and greeted her with a smile, opened the door for her and showed her in. Humphery was not with her. (otherwise she would've known) Was it a coincidence that after I have put the focus back to God that she suddenly CALLED me? or am I reading too much into things?
We had a lot of good sharing in the fellowship today. I was able to confess to some of the sins that were bothering me for the longest time. (which I think was inhibiting me of having a better relationship with God and Yurie) Afterward I actually took the chance and talked to her several times on several things during the dinner. At one point I sat down right in front of her and spoke to her. At some point her name came up to the conversation and I asked her to write it down for me so I know the kanji. Her name in full is Yurie Nakatomi (中富百合恵)She seems to be a very good friend of Humphery but I so admire Humphery, I really can't feell jealousy. But inadvently, I try to compare myself with Humphery and I find myself measuring him up from time to time. I don't think I will ever compete with him for Yurie.

We were to pray for David and Sam who were going away and moving into the next chapter in their lives. Ron asked us to put our hands on them while we pray. There were so many of us. So Ron asked those of us who couldn't reach Sam or David to put their hands on the people could. Katsu put his big hands on my back with occasional pinching. Then I felt a small hand coming from behind gently toucing me. Yurie put her hand on my left shoulder.
Later on we took a lot of pictures with David. David had.. requested that I take a picture with Yurie and Izumi together. Of course I didn't object. My head was right in there between Yurie and Izumi's face. I NEED to get the originals from David.
Yurie had to leave a bit early today. She didn't not leave with Humphery. (Hurray?) Instead, Humphery, David, Katsu Tasha and me walked to Shinjuku later while chatting together. Yurie will play the flute tomorrow and I really look forward to see her again. My heart is more assured now. I do pray that God shows me more sign and give me more chances.

No comments:
Post a Comment