Friday, January 02, 2009

In the Year of 2009

After capturing the cat, I was extremely tired so went straight home after 7pm. I have no plans for any countdown or celebration. In fact, some of my potatoes were sprouting roots, so I made curry, food for the next few days.

At around 10pm I finished the cooking, eating and cleaning so I sat down in front of my computer and started to wait until the year to end. Yurie was still in the north visiting her grand mother and there has been no contact since a few days ago since I've stopped sending her text messages. But I thought, New Year is a good occasion to do so, so I started typing the new years greeting.

The authorities have spoken to me so I am to step back and be a friend, no matter how difficult it will be. At around 11pm, Yurie suddenly popped up on Facebook chat. She had just returned from the country. We talked a bit about her visit with her grandmom and about some miscellaneous things. She was busy replying to her friends and I was at the same time practicing guitar so time flew by really fast.

At 11:50pm I sent my email to her cellphone and her email address. Aside from wishing her happy new year, I wished that our friendship will grow stronger in the coming years and that her faith will be strengthened. We crossed the year together on facebook chat. Wasn't that pretty cool? At 12:30am, I didn't want to linger anymore. The cat is still in the lab, and I've made arrangement with the professor to transfer her at 9am the next day morning so I bidded her good night and went away. It was happy, but I'll have to learn to adjust to seeing her less and less online as school is about to begin once again and as my research intensifies.

I've once again looked into the possibility of being transferred to Sendai, Tohoku University. It is my wish to stay in Tokyo, but if God takes me there, I will go.

No comments: