Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Focus of Life

I've taken some measures to rearrange the priorities in my life. One of the first things I need to conquer would be getting rid of my bad habits. Computer has been the most time-consuming gadget in my daily life. I stare at them half of the time at work. To make it worse I stare at them 80% of the time I'm at home. I don't really do anything constructive while I'm staring at the monitor at home.


Ironically, the monitor sits dead center on my desk, limiting available space to do any elaborate studying. The computer is literally the center of my life now. So I've moved it away.


I figure my priorities now should be:


  • 1. My relationship with God: Daily devotion

  • 2. Physics reviewing: Studying

  • 3. Musical Instrument: Practicing Piano & Bass Recorder

  • 4. Physical Fitness: Push ups.






  • After serious consideration, I've moved my computer to the top of my piano, which makes it extremely difficult to have prolonged sessions of keyboard crunching. This will also assist my piano learning being able to run the piano software side-by-side. And now that my desk has cleared up, there should be more space for the bible and the textbooks. Hope it sticks! I don't plan to move the computer back until I am ready to purchase a laptop for my possible Japan trip. That is, of course, if I am ready for it.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Continue making great efforts until coming well ..."RU8 U.6"

    Unknown said...

    Good job! I admire that effort you put in to set straight your priority in life.

    Life can be equally satisfying so long if we find the focal point and learn to live lives without constant comparison :)