
Much to our surprise, today my manager sent out this announcement through email to the department.
"After much thought and consideration, I've accepted a position as Director, Customer Services with another organization and am leaving Pacific Blue Cross. My last day will be April 30.
I've enjoyed four memorable years with PBC and appreciate the experience I've gained. I'm proud to have been a Manager at Fell Avenue, followed by Group Administration and Customer Services. I've very much enjoyed working with all of you in the call centre and I have tremendous respect for the work you do every day.
Wishing you much success."
I know she's a fighter and a competitor. She still talks about the time when I beat her on the Grouse Grind. After the grind she started to beat me to the elevator every time she gets the chance. I can imagine how disappointed she feels inside when she's made the decision to leave leave the department with only 9-10 months of service.
She made a lot of enemies over the years because of her approach to things. I know she strives to improve the department, but she fell short. I hope I can remember all the positive she's brought to the department, the uncanny iron fist way of things.
Yet, we are lost not knowing what to do next. The power struggle soon will begin for the manager position. I can only continue to endure.

No comments:
Post a Comment