Saturday, September 13, 2008

Communist Party


Mixi has been the most popular and most dominant online community in Japan for the longest time. Similarly, facebook has taken over in North America in similar fashion. There have been words that facebook is trying to branch out to Japan recently, but really I have only see people that have been to English-speaking country to be using facebook.

Last night I was really bored so I was browsing through facebook to see who I can find that are actually Japanese living in Japan on facebook. I came to this shocking discovery. There were these perfect profile pictures (i.e. not snapshots) with complete profile information of a lot of women rangng from 22 yrs old to 28 years old. I thought it was a bit odd, because Japanese usually get quite intimindated by the usage of English. It was rare for them to actually try to use facebook.

After looking at about 5 or 6 profiles, I realize they are all from the Japanese Communist Party. As far as I know from my Japanese textbooks, the two things Japanese young people care the least about are politics and religion. There's no freaking way so many girls would go into the big bad communist party. These profiles are completed with interests, hobbies, etc, but all copy-and-pasted blog entries from mixi or other websites. If you take some time to look at 1 or 2 profiles you'd see the pattern.



What's interesting was that there were all these foreigners from Hong Kong and Europe trying to initiate contact with these "virtual Japanese girls." Then I discoverd a pattern, all these profiles are essentially identical. They've listed Ayase High School '07 and Computer Science Club. Depiste they are all different in ages, they all graduated from that high school in the same year? I suppose by putting computer science club they can attract helpless nerds who are in dire need of hot female friends and eventually persuade them into the communist party? That is a new low, communists.

I am into cyber justice so I reported this to facebook, but who knows what they'll do. In the mean time, I sent a message to this poor Honger guy who message many of the girls and engaged in conversations with them on their walls.

Here you need to log in to facebook to view the links.
The group of them can be found here: Japanese Communist Party on Facebook.
All the profiles have Ayase Highschool 07 listed.
Note that not all of those people are fake, but they are fake if you cross reference "Japanese communist party" and "Ayase Highschool 07"

No comments: