Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year Cat Capture #2

Soko has now returned from the hospital after the short operation. The doctor had found some parasite and worms inside his stomach, probably because he's been drinking from the dirty pond. Also, he has been renamed Momo, as insisted by Namioka-sensei because it's just way too confusing to call them by those nonsense names (Here, there, over there, who) :P

He was very mellow and showed no fear of human since he returned. In fact, he joined with his family for lunch right after getting out of the cage. I think he got closer to me than before! This is not the effect that I intended to achieve. They should grow a bit aware of people because not everybody are kind to animals.

We ran out of cage, so I made two boxes with air holes to catch Asoka and Dare. They were extremely easy to catch. I patted them while they ate and then just raised them up and put them straight into the box. Then Namioka-sensei promptly closed the lids and tape it shut. The whole process took less than 20 minutes.

I asked Namioka-sensei to leave me the hospital cage so I could probably capture the last cat, Kokoktama (Koko) I waited there for 30 more minutes, Sabi, Chibi-kuro and Momo joined me near the mountain, but Koko didn't show. So I returned to the parking lot at 12:00noon to feed the parking lot gang.

Then Kenta showed up. Just like the M1 students said, Kenta although is a big cat, he's not very smart at all. I ran back to the library to grab the cage and set it up at his usual place. He doubted for a while, but from his reaction, I knew he has never been tried with a cage before. So in he went. He gave up quite a struggle, and the cage door hit his butt. He is a big boy after all. :(


This video is not for the faint of heart.



Then, Namioka-sensei returned from the hospital, but he said there was a problem. The doctor couldn't inject the needle with the cat in the box I made, so she had asked us to use one cage for 1 cat. We only had one cage. Then after some callng, Waki-sensei dropped off a cage to campus so I can get a move on Koko. It was my wish to catch the last one by the end of 3pm. I really haven't been doing too much these 2 days except for studying Japanese. I really hope to start my experiments soon.

While I was waiting in the parking lot, Yamasaki-sensei, the oldest professor on this campus came out for a smoke again. He chatted with me about my future, about my living expense and etc. I told him about where I want to go, and how little money I have for now. He was a bit surprised that I live on such harsh conditions (for a foreign student) I just smiled.
Koko didn't show up today, but all the other cats showed up. They had a good party actually, dancing around me (especially Momo) while I sat on the street waiting for Koko. Tomorrow the capture will continue.

Momo is so adorable. Oh by the way, the other black cat, Asoko turned out to be a girl.. and Dare, the pretty golden cat is a BOY. We got the genders all wrong.

No comments: