Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goodbye Dare, Soko, Koko and Kotama


Sasaki-kun has returned to Shizuoka following the news that his grandmother has been admitted into the hospital. Fujita-kun has returned to Niigata to find a job in his hometown so he can be together with his girlfriend after graduation. After all, they are both committed to marriage. Goto-kun is the most committed person in finding a good job so he started early in his job search, spending an enormous amount of time attending company meet & greet and those functions.

Kim-san has just returned from his conference and dove straight into writing his 2nd paper. Tao-san.. I really don't know what he's doing since he doesn't usually come and frankly I am not going to push him harder. Haryo returned to Indonesia for the entirety of March already.

That leaves me and Mattsun. He naturally doesn't assume any responsibility. That leaves me to do everything by myself. Honestly I have been extremely tired feeding the cats and doing chores everyday. I was getting sarcastic about this cat feeding duty that come to Japan to feed school cats and do chores.

Today, I was carrying the catfood alone towards the 2nd dropoff spot. I saw a lady with 4 big cages. I asked her with my broken Japanese, "What (the hell) are you doing?" After a few tries I finally understood that she wanted to take the cats home and keep as pets and she already had 2 kittens in her car. I vaguely remember seeing 2 girls and a man coming to school a few weeks ago to play with the cats. It must've been her husband and her two daughters. She said she want to see which cats are suitable for pets and will look for homes for all of the cats she take home. I agreed and helped her put 2 more cats in the cage.

I got her contact information and left mine. Namioka-sensei will contact her tonight about the details of this adoption. By the way Namioka-sensei was a bit upset that I let her take the cats just like that, but what was I suppose to do? Tell her to let my cats go!? There are no shelters for these kittens on those cold and rainy days. Sometimes they have to cuddle together for warmth and still get soaking wet. For the long run, this is the best, I said to myself.

No comments: